"BLUE TAPE" GICLÉE PRINT 2020
"BLUE TAPE" GICLÉE PRINT // COLLABORATION MOTHER AND SON
Proceeds from the sale of the artwork will be donated to "The Boys and Girls Club of America" and "The Art of Elysium" educating art through the youth.
It's 2020. Breonna. Trayvon. Ahmaud. Floyd. Stories echoed throughout the world, making history, "their-story".
This collaboration between my 15 year old son and I is powerful, layered with symbolism on different levels. It’s a collaboration of love between a mother’s voice and a child’s curiosity to be educated through creativity. We meditatively sketched for hours, talking about each gridded square and what they mean through this movement and to the people of the world.
Cardboard used for protests around our nation was used instead of paper or canvas. White spray paint misted on top of the brown cardboard representing BIPOC, a contrast on white - like myself and my family. Shades of black dancing and swirling on the bumps and lines of the board, different shadows and highlights, darks and lights.
Each part equaling the sum of one, suffocated around simple "Blue Tape".
- Original concept is a collage of known images, cropped into application then sketched by Mother and Son
- Giclée Prints | 3 sizes
- Archival Fine Arts Paper
- Medium: Spraypaint, Pencil, Blue Tape
- 100% Corrugated Cardboard
- Original size: 33.25" x 47"
- Made in the USA with Love
- Shipped in a flat envelope
- Certification of Authenticity signed, numbered and embossed by Kamal and Kyan Patel
Insta: @onkamal.com + @kyanpatel
Frame not included . Ships within 4-7 business days
© KAMAL, LLC | 2020 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ALL DESIGNS & ARTWORK ARE COPYRIGHTED